CALL FOR APPLICATIONS TO UNDERGO A BUSINESS INCUBATION IN AGRICULTURE UNDER
THE JOBS FOR YOUTH (J4Y) PROJECT
DAPP Mikolongwe Vocational School (MVS), registered in 2007, is an innovative Agribusiness institution that specializes in various Technical Courses including Agriculture. DAPP MVS, with support from the Jobs for Youth (J4Y) Project (under the Malawi Government through the Ministry of Labour, Youth, Sports and Manpower Development) has established and runs a Business Incubation Centre in agriculture. The Malawi Government and African Development Bank finance the J4Y Project.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
DAPP Mikolongwe Vocational School is calling on youth interested in establishing and strengthening their businesses in agriculture tenable at DAPP Mikolongwe Business Incubation Centre. Youth are encouraged to submit their applications to DAPP Mikolongwe Business Incubation Centre so that they become part of this transformational business incubation initiative in agriculture, which aims at transferring practical skills to the youth to enable them run successful agribusinesses. Eligible out of school Malawian youth, with a strong desire shall be incubated and trained in agri-business.
The incubation process will be residential for a period of three months on campus, while the forth month will be on industrial attachment.
The selection criteria of incubates/applicants shall be based on the following:
1. Eligibility Requirements
- Must be citizens of Malawi.
- Must be out of school youth aged between 18 and 35.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Should have a traceable business location including physical location.
- Businesses must be independently controlled.
- Should have been in one of the business stages:
a) Business idea stage.
b) Business start-up.
c) Post revenue stage
- Evident passion for agribusiness
2. Viability of Business Idea Requirements
The applicant should be able to pitch or present a viable business idea, taking into account the following business idea characteristics:
- Should be creative with respect to innovation, technology, business linkages, timeliness, market potential etc.
- Have high employment potential.
- Have high growth potential.
- Satisfy un-met needs in the community.
- Provide opportunities for people disadvantaged in the labor market.
- Have potential to solve problems of the society.
- Should be able to scale up the business to reach many people.
All interested applicants should download the application here or obtained from the District Youth/Labor Office. Completed application forms should be sent to or reach DAPP Mikolongwe Vocational School Business Incubation Centre, situated at Mataka village, 28 km from Blantyre along Robert Mugabe high way. P.O Box 2732, Blantyre through post or email:
You can also use the following email address: or hand delivered by 31 December 2019.
The Project promotes a 50-50 participation of young men and women; hence young women are particularly encouraged to apply.