Vacant position as commercial manager for DAPP Retail Shops
DAPP Malawi is seeking a qualified and committed person for the position as Commercial Manager for the Retail shops in DAPP Malawi Clothes & Shoes Project
As it is known across the entire country DAPP Malawi operates a Clothes & Shoes Project. The purpose is to generate funds towards operation of the various development projects such as the 4 Teacher Training Colleges, the 400 Primary school project, Mikolongwe Vocational School, the Farmers’ Clubs, Health and Child Aid projects – together benefitting more than half a million people each year.
The person we are looking for is therefore one who has development for the rural poor close at heart and who is an experienced and dedicated commercial manager with good leadership skills.
Currently DAPP is operating 11 Retail Shops across the country – which all must be managed professionally to achieve their purpose.
Summary of the job:
Plan and carry out sales activities as per agreed business plans for the Retail Shops in the organization’s Clothes & Shoes Project – trough hands on management and leadership of all sales staff.
Selected key areas of Responsibilities:
- Develop and control the project’s sales budget, organize and lead the shops' sales activities;
- Day to day leadership and management of the sales forces and their work in the Retail Shops in all 3 regions of Malawi – through the 2 Area Managers as well as directly through the Shop Managers.
- Ensure that concept and standards of the Retail shops are followed – from control of prices, restocking of new items, branding, appearance to customer care.
- Control goods inventory process, identify shortages;
- Control cash and payment system, maintain cash flows safety (banking, theft prevention);
- Coordinate the marketing activity of the project;
- Provide accurate, reliable and complete sales and budget reports to Management ( daily, weekly and quarterly)
Requirements for this job:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a sales leadership role in retail, included budget implementation and management of several shops; preferred experience in opening shops; preferred background from national or regional chain stores.
- Proven track record in securing successful business operations;
- Higher education or equivalent work experience;
- Good knowledge of modern fashion; textile, clothes and footwear products;
- High level of self-motivation, precision and commitment to results;
- Very good communication skills and abilities;
- Fluency in English and Chichewa as well as very good communication skills and abilities;
- IT literacy.
- Honest and non-corrupt attitude to all business and staff dealings.
- Service-minded leadership style that actively promotes that each staff member succeeds through control and support.
The application should have minimum 3 references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
Applications can be send via email to with subject “application as Com Man DAPP Retail Shops” or by post to HRM at DAPP Fundraising, Plot No. BE 314, Salmin Armour Road
Ginnery Corner, Blantyre (envelope marked “application as Com Man in DAPP Retail Shops” )
Deadline for submission Monday 30th September 2019